- Written by Susanna Sheehan
- Hits: 1794
After five years of roadblocks, a plan to restore the historic Keene’s Mill foundation is moving forward. In 2010, voters at the annual town meeting approved a proposal to spend $30,000 in Community Preservation Act funds to restore the foundation of an old saw mill, located near the intersection of Temple and Keene Streets. The project consists of removing and resetting the granite blocks that have tumbled down into the nearby stream back into the foundation. In 2008, the town acquired the land containing the mill when it bought 97 acres near Camp Wing fromCrossroads for Kids.