- Written by Mary McKenzie
- Hits: 382
The following is the third in a series examining the history and role of churches and houses of worship in Duxbury.
In 1632, when Elder William Brewster and several farmers who had moved out to Duxborough from the Plymouth Colony asked to be let out of their contract with First Parish Plymouth, First Parish of Duxbury was founded.
The town wasn’t incorporated until 1637 – five years later.